1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dads new truck.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by THEGOLDPRO, Jul 25, 2007.

1. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

so yeah my dad bought the new tundra, its badass. some pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. THEGOLDPRO

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Theyre nice lookin trucks, but personally i wouldnt wanna do any serious work with it. Nice color

4. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I heard that they be recalling the 5.7 in the tundra....

5. THEGOLDPRO

yeah well my dad doesnt work it, lol he just bought it to tow our 25 foot camper, he will be upgrading next year to a bigger camper, he's thinking 30+ feet.maybe a 5th wheel. we'll see i suppose.

6. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

is that tundra 2wd? its so low to the ground i like the look of your dodge better...

7. THEGOLDPRO

nope 4x4, the big ass step bars make it look low as well, but yeah my dodge has more clearence.

8. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I would say towing a 25ft camper is working it.

Don't forget that it is a half ton. Put that next to a Ram 1500 or a Chevy 1500 and you will see they sit about the same. Of course that 2500 sits higher.

9. THEGOLDPRO

trust me when i say towing with this truck is not going to be a problem, just because its a half ton means nothing, the trucks brakes are like 2 inches bigger then mine, the driveshaft is alot bigger as well, and the list goes on.

this truck is rated for 10k pounds towing, so no a 4k pound 25 foot camper is not even coming close to working it..

and my rams not that much higher, as a matter of fact the tundra is wider, and longer wheelbase.

10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

He was on your side there on that post :-D

11. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Goldpro I got you. That was my point, 06HD BOSS said he would not work with it. Towing that trailer is going to be harder on a truck then a couple ZTRs on a 16ft landscape.

I looked at the truck and agree everything is built heavy for a half ton, just has a lower stance as do most half tons to accomodate women and families.

I considered buying one but just don't need a fullsize pickup. My Tacoma V6 is a great daily driver and spare plower while still being reliable a nice ride and getting good milage. I occassionally even tow my mowers with it.

I have the dump to plow and really haul stuff with.

12. THEGOLDPRO

im not saying towing a 25 foot camper is not hard on a truck, im sure it is, but this trucks main purpous in life is to tow things, lol thats their claim to fame, so im not too worried about it.

13. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck. My neighbor just got one. It is a nice looking truck. Hey is your dad going to put a plow on it and join your fleet? That truck sounds like it will push some serious snow. Good luck with it. Rich

14. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Very nice gold

15. THEGOLDPRO

thanks guys, lol no, no plow for her, thats what im for :)

16. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

I'm seeing more & more Tundras up this way with the Minute Mount truckside parts attached, and I'm liking it! Good luck with it

~Kevin

17. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Another local lco got one of those earlier this year. Just runs it as a personal truck and says he likes it for the most part. Good luck with it!

18. snow problem

snow problem Senior Member

Great looking truck, athough I am all for american iron. If I was to by a foregn truck it would be a toyota