1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

D P F delete

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mow 4 u, Jan 3, 2009.

1. mow 4 u

mow 4 u Member

I have a 2008 chevy d-max and have heard a lot of buzz about kits on the market (programmer and exhaust) that remove the dpf. I have heard of outstanding performance as well as close to 28 mpg. Just curious, anyone tryed it?????

2. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

What is DPF?

3. mow 4 u

mow 4 u Member

diesel particulate filter

4. Spitz

Spitz Senior Member

Google it and you'll see lots of results, apparently people are doing it without much issues at all.. I would question the legailty of it however, probably the same thing as removing the cat on the gasoline models, which noone ever breaks..xysport Dieselplace.com is probably a good place to look.

5. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Wouldn't that give you trouble when you go for your inspection?

6. Spitz

Spitz Senior Member

Not if you have the tuner with the right software.

7. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Like Spitz said...dieselplace.com. Pages and pageson this topic. Warenty will be void if removed. 28 mpg's??? No way..

8. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

Warrantee issues there with physical deletes and mods. SCTuners are the way to go, Undetectable to the dealer.

9. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Actually GM can read the last 10 tunes in the PCM.

10. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Anyone know what year "DPF" appeared on these trucks?

11. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

the feds mandated that all trucks built after jan 07 should have dpf 's. so mid year 07 all the big 3 changed, so with the chevy's i believe all the new body styles have them, i don't think any classics have them. fords have them on the 6.4's and the dodges have them only on the 6.7's :salute:

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

All NBS GM diesels have DPF's, I have 2 of them. I took the dpf off one of them and put turbo back MBRP exhaust on and a PPE Race tuner. Truck works perfect no lights on the dash and truck runs awsome. I picked up 2 mpg for sure, 3 maybe. As far as warranty goes, all the guys at the dealer know me and they've seen my truck, if it's due to my abuse I don't ask for warranty. You have to pay to play! My truck sounds like a jet now.:D

13. niederhauser la

niederhauser la Member
    from Utah

Took the dpf off my cummins and it was the best thing I have ever done. Went from 12 to almost 16 mpg around town. Truck runs awesome now.

14. mow 4 u

mow 4 u Member

first used on the LMM diesel (2007), 6.7 Dodge or the new 6.4 Ford

15. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

google search "H&S Performance" and they have the entire kit...somewhere around $1300 for the delete, tuner to make the CEL go out, and proper wiring

16. simoncx

simoncx Senior Member

First of all on the LMM's any tuner that delete's the dpf is detectable by the dealer. The only ones that aren't as easy to detect are banks and edge because they are inline and do not change the ecu, but the dealer can still check for overfueling or overboost which comes with extra hp tuners. It's pretty easy and cheap to do the delete on the gm trucks because all it is, is a turbo back exhaust off a 05-07 truck and a tuner like quad, the kit can be as low as $650-700 depending on what exhaust you want. Most of the time the warranty is gone as soon as they find out a tuner and dpf is deleted, but it depends on the dealer.

17. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

28 mpg's...........:dizzy: NO

Warranty gone.

Undetectable? Eyeballs working? Just look under truck.

Illegal? Yes.

Truck runs better? Yes. And better mileage. But 28 mpg? NO.