1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

D-max with plows

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jce4isu, Dec 7, 2006.

1. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

how do they handle with a plow this your 1st year runing a d-max with a plow

also what should i watch for

2. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

What cab/bed configuration do you have? Is it a snowplow prep. truck? You just need to get proper ballast, tire pressure, and Timbrens can't hurt either.

3. speedtherapy

speedtherapy Junior Member

I run an extended cab Sierra w/Western 8' Pro Plus and Western detachable wings. Most awesome setup to push a ton of snow. The diesel uses half the fuel that my 6liter gasser did to do the same job. Definitely get Timbrens to help carry the weight of the plow. Once you've gone diesel, you'll never go back to gas. If you have a need for speed, there's a ton of power adders available that will surprise you with the kind of power that engine is capable of.

4. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

they run fine.

5. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

we run a 3500 srw crew long box this truck is so long what did the dealer tell you about putting a plow on the truck with a d-max

6. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

i have a 2003 2500 hd w/ boss 9.2 v and a 2006 3500 srw w/boss 9.2 v also both dmax alison combos.work great turn torrsion bars up , tire psi to 80 and a 750 lbs of ballast in rear not a problem.dont like the ifs as much as my soild axle fords but they work just fine

7. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

I have a 06 regular cab long box d-max allison combo and have no problems. Handles the plow with ease.

8. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

I know the CC/Dmax combo is a No No according to GM if you want to add a plow. You can't even get the VYU snow plow prep. Anyone have any issues? Any warranty probs w/the dealer?

9. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

ya the dealer says no ways around it tymusic

10. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Yeah, but we see 'em all the time. Just curious if there's been any problems.

11. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Ext cab...D/A

Add Timbrins, crank T-bars 4-5 turns, add ballast and SNOW.

12. cowboysfan

cowboysfan Junior Member

Find a real dealer,been plowing with these trucks for almost 20 years,have never broke anything on the front end yet,and I dont plow with the little 7.5 footers either.My dealer and sales guy no what I do with my trucks and have never said anything.