1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

D-max With plow

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by kman67rsss, Aug 18, 2009.

1. kman67rsss

kman67rsss Junior Member
    from NH

Hey guys new here and have a few questions. I am looking at putting a plow on my 04 D-max crew cab, but local dealer says i cant/they wont due to the weight. I know people are pushing with these trucks, what are you using for a plow, and any problems/suggestions.

2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

My buddy runs a 8' Ultramount pro with no issues. Just turned up the torsion bars a little.

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I had a 8'6" Western MVP with Western wings on my 04 Dually Crew Cab.

4. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

I've got an 05 duramax with a 8' western unimount. the guys i plow with have the same basic trucks and they use either 8'6" or 9' westerns. You'll like how much snow you can push with all the torque of the diesel and the better fuel mileage too

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I run a 8'2'' poly boss vee on my truck and haven't had a problem. You'll be fine. One of the local boss dealers recommends 9'2'' plows for the duramaxs. Every time I go there he asks me if I am here to upgrade to the 9'2''. The plow is just to big for me. What kind of plowing are you going to be doing? You'll want atleast 8 feet on the front of that truck.

6. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

The FAWR is only 4800 lbs. That's why on a dmax there is no snowplow prep option. On the other hand a diesel already has 2 batteries and pretty much everything (except the bottom protection plate) that a prep package woult add. I had my dealer put on a Fisher Xtreme V with no problems. I've run it 2 seasons with no issues. I just cranked the t bars 3 turns.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Friend of mine is running an 8.5 XV on his CC Duramax.

8. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

mine came with the snow plow prep package

9. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Here's mine. Weight issue?!?!??!? :nono: I should have gone with a 9'2" w/ wings;).

trucknVinsnow.jpg

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you are worried try a Snoway 32 series 8.5. We install a lot of them on dmax crew cabs. they handle it no problem

11. kman67rsss

kman67rsss Junior Member
    from NH

I will be doing my driveway, which turns into a parking lot in front of my new garage. I wasn't so concerned about the weight as i was curious. Ive been looking at 8 ft fishers. they seem to be plentiful in this area.