1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cylinder problems...again.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by andcon83, Jan 20, 2010.

1. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

I had a angle cylinder replaced on the first storm. The left wind on my xv was just going back and forth. Well, today that new cylinder blew apart...again. This time the nut on the inside that hold the inner packing together fell off. Must not have been tight when it was new. Another trip to the shop. Glad I don't have to pay. :mad:

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The nut simply un-threaded itself? Or it pulled the threads off and/or broke the nut? Pulled threads and broken nuts are from catching something while backdragging. Happens fairly often on the XV and MVP's if you're rough with them.

3. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

The only threads that pulled off was the very last one. All fixed. Got to say I have a pretty good dealership. They get me right in and out as fast as they can.