1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cylinder on a blizard leaking oil

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Sealer People, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

Hi guys,

I have a 7.6 ft LT blizzard starightblade
    I noticed today when i had the plow off & in the garage, about half an ounce to one ounce of oil on the floor. This was from the passenger side ( looking at the plow,, from the front, the left side )
    the hoses are not leaking, the reservoir is a little over half, but,,, the cylinder was wet with oil on it.
    After wiping it down dry, I placed a white board under the cylinder,,, an hour later & still no leaks.

What do i do ??

Also,,,,, does anyone know how to change the hydrolic hoses n a blizzard ??? one part screws in from the cylinder ( easy enough ) the other end is right under the motor,,, you cant get to it. or atleast I cant anyways.

What do i do ?,, just incase

What do i do ???
  2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

pain in the butt. remove plow and flip it on its face. you will be able to see the hoses on the bottom of the power unit.should be all swivels there. follow suspect hose to its source. may have to remove other hoses to undo the one you want. mark all hoses before removing.
  3. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

Remove the two bolts on the sides of the manifold/pump assemble. Now the assemble should rotate forward to the blade and you can get to the hoses.
  4. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

is there anyway i can get a diagram of these areas ??

Im new to all this and i dont know the manifold,,, though it sounds easy enough,,,& makes sence,, i was afraid of flipping the plow on its face,

Any ideas on the leaking cylnder ?
  5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

leaking from a fitting or around the front of the gland nut/packing?