1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cylinder lock on Snoway

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by M.C. AUTO, Dec 20, 2008.

1. M.C. AUTO

M.C. AUTO Junior Member

I just installed a Sno-way 26 series on my 2005 Dodge Ram and I have 1 part left over. This part is a small steel bracket with a clevis pin and coated with red plastic. Ihave found a picture on line and it is called a cylnder lock but I have no idea where it goes. Any helpwould be apreciated. Thanks
  2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Thanks for choosing Sno-Way, we appreciate your business.

The part that you describe is a cylinder lock clamp that we provide for 2 reasons.

When the plow is fully raised you can put the clamp around the lift cylinder ram and reinsert the pins and it becomes a transport safety clamp. Also if you would have a failure with the lift and need to get to a retailer for repair, the clamp is the device that would allow you to keep the plow in a raised position to transport to the retailer for service.
  3. M.C. AUTO

M.C. AUTO Junior Member

Thanks for the info.
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

If you put some green paint on it they make a nice decoration for the tree too. J/K
    Tom's answer is the best one tho.
  5. snowworks

snowworks Junior Member

LoL just to give you a little more insight on if you had a lift failure what the easiest way to lift the plow would be LoL..

find a pile of snow you stacked and run the plow up the pile then install the cylinder lock .. I know from having this happen when I had a weld go.. Beats getting out the jack LoL

more pennys from me :)
  6. ghlkal

ghlkal Member

Thanks for asking ... I had the same question, and now I know :)

Great idea ... thanks for the tip :salute: