1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cylinder clamp assistance

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Kevin97Tahoe, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Kevin97Tahoe

Kevin97Tahoe Member

Hey guys another question for you. When I bought my plow I didnt know what in the world this hinge like contraption was but now I know its the the cylinder clamp.

My question is how on earth does this go on to your setup?

Here is the one I have:

[​IMG]

I followed the directions on the sno-way site how to install it however it looks like if I lower the the plow completely the clamp is going to just get in the way of the cylinder (as you can see in the second pic) or bend the cylinder and possibly jam it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do I have the wrong size clamp or am I doing it incorrectly?

Thanks guys!

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

You have the clamp installed correctly. This is basically a transport clamp for when you are running from site to site. If you were to have a hose failure or accidently activate the down function the clamp will prevent the plow from dropping. Also if you were to have a failure while plowing you can ride the plow up a snow pile and then attach the clamp so that you can get the plow to a dealer.

3. Kevin97Tahoe

Kevin97Tahoe Member

Tom thanks so much for the quick and awesome response.

Now it all makes sense.