1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cylinder 8.2 v-plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by chevysnowplow, Oct 12, 2008.

1. chevysnowplow

chevysnowplow Junior Member

hello, I have a 8.2 v-plow but the driverside doesn't hold presure, when i extend it out it slowly returns back in, the lines don't leak, does the cylinder need rebuilt or is there a valve that may not be closing all the way, what should I look for.........

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's seldom a cylinder problem when experiencing this issue on a Boss vee. More than likely it's either the wing retract valve is either contaminated and not fully closing, damaged sealing O-ring on that same valve, or the same situation with the wing relief valve (contamination).

3. chevysnowplow

it's not the relief valve. I switched the side to side and it still does it, but the wierd thing is now it only does it a little bit, and then stops, :dizzy:

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Then swap the two wing retract valves side to side as well. If the problem switches sides also, you've got it solved. :)

5. chevysnowplow

when you extend it all the way out before you let off the button and for a second after you let off the button, it make a hiss sound....I will have to tear into it latter this weak:dizzy:

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Then it's low on fluid. :nod: