1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cycle Country for Sportsman

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Rusty Silence, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Rusty Silence

Rusty Silence Senior Member

I bought a Cycle Country plow, manual lift, that the guy said was for a Honda TRX 300 and it came with a 60" blade. It came with everything to put it on a Honda 300, what do I need to adapt or buy to make it fit my 2000 Polaris Sportsman 500? It was in like new condition and I got for $250 which seemed like a good deal to me..

2. Rusty Silence

I forgot to mention it's a mid mount. After looking around on ebay it looks like I'll have to buy or make a frame mount and the lifting mechanism won't work either. Has anyone made a mount that doesn't sacrifice ground clearance? I can tell I'll be getting hung up on the mount going over downed trees and such when off-roading.

3. Rusty Silence

Crap. It appears Cycle Country doesn't make a mount for a 2000 Polaris Sportsman 500. Anyone else run into this too?

4. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

they should i have one on a 99 sportsman 500. Check Warn website.

5. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Show pic of yours Mine came from a honda I made the backets fit my 01 Polaris had the manaul lift and it wouldnt lift plow very high and was a pain to lift on the move
    Use a winch its faster

6. Rusty Silence

I am going to buy a winch because it will serve a dual purpose plus the manual lift new costs almost as much as a winch. Here is a pic of what came with it.

2013-02-07 22.58.39 (2).jpg

7. Rusty Silence

well the chain didn't come with it, it just ended up in the picture.

8. Antlerart06

Mine is a older model My A frame is made from sq tubing and my back mounting backet is all one peice

First you do is Block frame up to the ATV frame distance you need to mark holes Do some measuring make sure its center
    Make sure ur back brackets are on the A frame
    Once you have it center You mark holes and drill the hole Then mount
    Only thing I had to drill was the lift handle mount
    But my lift handle was old style mounted under the atv Yours looks like one that mounts on the front rack

9. Rusty Silence

Ok so I need to drill holes in the frame to mount those two brackets at the bottom of the pic to the quad?

10. Antlerart06

You may and may not you wont know till you get everything lined up I didnt have to
    But I did replace the U bolts with few size bigger U bolt
    The Owner had my plow said he would break the U bolts So I didnt want them to break

11. Rusty Silence

Ok thanks for the direction.

12. Antlerart06

Glad I could help If you was closer to me I tell bring it by I mount it for you I love a challenge