1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cycle Country electric lift

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by skidmark845, Dec 26, 2010.

1. skidmark845

skidmark845 Member
    from ny

After two years my cycle country electric lift stoped working today. Anyone know of good palces to buy a new one? Searching around these lifts cost a lot. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
  2. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

buy a winch
  3. skidmark845

skidmark845 Member
    from ny

anyone use one of these? CYCLE COUNTRY POWERMAX I found this during my search and it is the same price for the electric lift.
  4. irv

irv Senior Member

looks like a mini winch setup. id try it. got a strap instead of a
    cable--probably less amp draw than a winch. my first plow was
    a cc and i had the electric lift . kept it lubed and never had a
    problem. had a coplete spare unit and a cable. never had to use either
    in 4 years.--irv
  5. skidmark845

skidmark845 Member
    from ny

You still have the spare lift????????
  6. irv

irv Senior Member

wish i did.sold it with the plow about 5 years ago when i switched to warn
    plows.. that new lift looks interesting.
  7. skidmark845

skidmark845 Member
    from ny

Thanks anyway IRV. Turns out my problem is due to the relay box is missing. Must have fell out when I was plowing. Glad it's an easy fix.
  8. gemarsh

gemarsh Junior Member

I have one of the new electric lifts from cycle country. It's boss from what I have used it. It has a contactor just like the ATV winches.

$202 out the door. One thing that I don't like is it is just as fast as a winch. The old style electric lift was slow and was easy to adjust the height for when I kept the plow off the gravel.

I put the old style back on the 48" and the new style on the 60" v-plow. The old style didn't like lifting the increased weight when the plow is in scoop position.

Also the supplied up and down rocker switch on the new unit is smaller than that of the old style. Manageable but not as easy with gloved hands as the old.

Would recommend.

Be Safe
  9. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member