1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cycle country atv plow manual lift help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by deere615, Nov 7, 2007.

1. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I have a 48 inch cycle coutry plow for my atv with a manual lift. When I pull back the lever it will not stay locked in the plow will just drop back to the ground. Does anyone else have this problem? How can I fix it? Right now I am using a bunjee cord to keep it up.

2. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

i have the same plow on my 500 sports man and i don't have that problem where the handle mounts there should be a spring that puts tension on the handle and pushes it back to the ATV when you pull the handle back there is a little bolt on the handle that then hooks on the mount. If you cant figure it out let me know and i will post some pictures of mine.

3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

You might have to mess with the linkege till you can get it to lock in.

We use the winch

4. deere615

Not sure if I know exactly what you mean. I posted the best picture I had of it if you guys or anyone else can help me. I tried messing with that ibolt that connects to the spring but it didn't do much. Thanks for all the help so far:waving:
    tmpphpHnJHse[1].jpg

tmpphpHnJHse[1].jpg

5. deere615

Anyone?? I have to get this fixed.

6. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

I remember having that problem on my old Honda with a Cycle Country. There was a little tab on the handle that would catch a plate to hold it up. Poor design. I've had the plow drop driving down roads going pretty quick...Not good. Now if I remember, a good fix would be to cut that little tab off and weld an "L" shape tab so it will positively hold and you will have to pull the handle rearward about a 1/2" to release it. Something to that effect..

7. deere615

Thanks I will take a look at that.

8. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Ever get it figured out?

9. deere615

no got a winch which is way better I ended up selling the manual lift for $25:)