1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cvs

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Steve Brubaker, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Steve Brubaker

Steve Brubaker Junior Member
    from 44313

Has anyone heard who has the CVS accounts this year. Last year Custom Surroundings had them in Ohoi and Penn and I never got any. I have always had at least 10 and CVS wont return any calls.

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

By us they went to a well known lowballer. It gets better. This same company got the contract for a bunch of municipal sidewalks, so what do they do? The municipal sidewalks by the CVS's that he is contracted to plow--and has bought Bombardiers for--are being hand shoveled. Another one had the city plowing the walks in front and they hand shoveled them. Real rocket scientist.

3. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Not to hijack the thread but Can you tell me in email who the lowballer in Grand rapids is? I lost a few this year to one and think we might have the same guy. If so, I got some info for ya.

4. Mark Oomkes

I can't e-mail you and I can't PM you until you have 25 or 30 posts. I don't think they are in Mt Pleasant, but who knows.

Thanks, though. That was one of the few good experiences that anyone had with SMG. We worked for them for 2 years.

5. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

I work in Grand rapids and plow there too. Also help a buddy with his plowing when needed. Think we might still be on the same subject. By the way, my profile says 39 posts, so why wont it work?

6. Mark Oomkes

I think the other requirement is member for a month.

7. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

plowed about 5 cvs last year and the guy above the guy who payed us was i THINK campanelli out new york

8. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I Subcontract for Steve.
    I can tell you we do a great job for CVS! I used to plow 5 on my own.
    I have them done by 7 AM most events and salted.
    What are they thinking when they just go with anyones sevice?

9. Mark Oomkes

Good question. We were servicing 4 of them, had one complaint in 2 years. I thought that was pretty good. Apparently not good enough.

10. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

The lots are fairly large too. I looked through my past logs and they average 40 minutes just to plow. They all have drive thru's with small lanes and approaches.