1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CVS Pharmacy

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mark Oomkes, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

If any of you worked for a certain can't be mentioned company :rolleyes: last year plowing and salting for CVS Pharmacies, rumor has it that CVS will not be contracting with that company. The store managers have the names and numbers of the previous contractors and are free to contact them or anyone else. I do not have first hand info on this, yet. I will be finding out.

2. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Your information Mark is on track.

3. Mark Oomkes

So far so good John. ;) ;)

4. lawnboy

lawnboy Junior Member

Who are are u taking about mark? US Maint?

5. Mark Oomkes

Nope, not US Maintenance, not Dentco. The big one you know *******\***. I was told I could not bring it up again until spring.

Even though plowed aka John Banks did receive his money from them and tried to give an update.

6. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Mark,

Were all the CVS's under control of the @@@@@@@@@ company you are talking about? If so I might just stop by the one here try to pick it up.

Thanks,

JP

7. lawnboy

lawnboy Junior Member

hmmmmm..... not sure who u are talking about, but it does seem that a lot of these big companies are moving toward the maintenance companies. Ive never worked for Dentco, what do they manage?

8. Mark Oomkes

Yes, as far as I know. They were fairly good on paying. A little slow, but that may have been due to who processed the paperwork. Normally 35-45 days, which I am OK with as long as it is regular.

Saved me of making the decision of whether or not I want to work or be associated with that company, which I don't. :nod:

I have no idea what Dentco manages, but I haven't heard anything good about them, either. It starts with an S ends in t, if that helps. I'd PM you, but that won't work until you have 25 posts.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  9. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks Mark I will stop by the CVS in the next day or two and see if they are taking bids.

JP

10. Mark Oomkes

lawnboy, they seem to be working towards these large nationwide companies, but personally I don't think it will last as a whole. Some will stay that way, but I don't see where it saves money.

I can show from personal experience within the last year how an area management company took over a contract for a large firm that we have been servicing for over 40 years and there costs from me alone went up an average of 32% because of the changes in the contract. Same service we provided before, just different way of pricing. I guess in this case, area management did work for me.