1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CVS per push

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Winter Warrior, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Winter Warrior

Winter Warrior Junior Member
    from NJ

Has anyone provided snow removal for a CVS? If so can you give me an idea of how to price one as per push.

2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Whats your hourly rate?

3. Winter Warrior

from NJ

My hourly rate wouldn't matter because they are looking for per push.

4. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Your very wrong my friend..... use the search button and you'll see what I'm talking about.

5. Winter Warrior

from NJ

I searched for per push pricing and came up with nothing helpful. What would you search for?

6. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Winter,
    There is a TON of information on here... enough to make your head spin ... You're type of question has been asked over and over.... I'll ask you again... what is your hourly rate?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  7. Winter Warrior

from NJ

$115.00 ph

8. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

great.....how long to you estimate it will take you to clear the lot 1-3" 1 hour? 3-6" 1.5 hours?
    6-9" 2 hours? 1-3 = $115 , 3-6 = $172.50 , 6-9 = $230 Im sure you get the idea.... there are a bunch of factors that will effect your hourly rate on a lot (ie open 24 hours? islands? ect.....) I like to call it the pita factor and you should adjust your pricing accordingly

Is this for a national or are you bidding to cvs directly?

9. Winter Warrior

from NJ

CVS directly. Thank you for the help.

10. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Your welcome and definately do some reading on here.... lots of good stuff but you have to weed through the not so good stuff to find the good stuff!

11. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Most people on here are NOT gonna come out and give you a Price....Why would they...Figure out how much it costs you per hour to operate.....Fuel , Insurance, Labor, Etc.....Thats your baseline to work off of........BTW...In SE Michigan CVSs go for about $90 per push if your lucky......You also might wanna look into joining SIMA for Production rates and information......Also Use the Search Button here...There is Plenty of info floating around here.....Welcome and Good Luck to you this upcoming Season.....:salute:

12. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

WW, just so you are aware CVS is currently under contract for all of NJ. There is one more season on that contract.

Also you are going against a large regional provider.

And CVS wants there providers to cover a large area to even be considered. Thus you'd need to bid the whole state of NJ to even be considered.

13. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

do some searches on pricing, how to price, lot pricing. Tons of stuff on here if you take a few looks.

14. Snow Princess

Snow Princess Junior Member

wow how didyou get hooked up with CVS--I'd luv to snag some of them but having a hard time getting a contact. I have some experience with walgreens

15. lilweeds

He didn't. He just hoping.

16. Winter Warrior

from NJ

Sorry I did not get back to you yesterday. I am trying to get in with them nothing is set in stone.

17. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

If you want a CVS in NJ you'll be plowing for Lipinski. My advice is as follows. READ THE CONTRACT CAREFULLY, then think about their 45 day terms really meaning 75 days if there's one hiccup in the paperwork on their end or yours. You will be nagged to death by the stores wanting you to shovel the walks around the stores, it's not in the contract muni walks are, but not those around the building or in the lot. Do not overlook the rules about trigger depth, they mean 2" not 1.9, or how often you can salt.no more than 2x in 24 hours......even in an ice storm

Long and short- Be careful. PM me if you need further information

18. lilweeds

Ed, I do 5 cvs stores for them. The paperwork sucks, but they are usually very good with the 45 days. Add to that if you work for cvs direct their terms are net 45 as well.

19. bartolini

bartolini Member

Cvs ny

Which national, if any got CVS NY. Campanelli lost this season. It's a shame, because they are a local family business that run a good, reliable, and sound business, Had to be an economic decision by CVS. We worked for them for about ten years. Most people don't stay married that long.

20. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

I couldn't agree more. I sub for Campanelli in Ct and did a bunch of CVS's for them. They still have a sleepy's up here that they kept, so I have that still. I couldn't believe that Campanelli lost it. They are one of the best companies I have every worked for. Joe, Gary, and George are great guys, and I am sure you would say the same.

I am interested to see who took it over. I hope its not a joke.