Snow Plowing Forum banner

Cvs - crazy!!!

13K views 57 replies 27 participants last post by  Ramairfreak98ss 
#1 ·
Did you hear that CVS is requiring every local vendor to carry a smart phone and check in via an app on the phone? Failure to do so means no payment. No exceptions. It uses a geo locator so they can pull your coordinates. Serious Big Brother s%%$! They are getting rid of the hard copy work orders. I only have 3 sites but my guys carry blackberries and they say you need an apple or android phone only.

#52 ·
My main work, 120 or longer is the norm to get paid. AR is north of 7 mil at any given time. If you have deep enough pockets, 90 isn't bad.

If all the big conctactors held back, the small guys try and step up and grab the national thinking they've made the big time.......way to may little guys looking to make the big time.

Most who do snow is to keep their guys busy just to retain them for the non-winter work. That's where the profit is them.

#53 · (Edited)
WOW! Ok, forget being in the same game, we aren't even playing in the same hemisphere. :) I think the only time I will see $7,000,000.00 is just now when I typed it on the screen. I guess if you have that type of cashflow, you can operate like that. Like I said, my hats off to you who can, I just wouldn't.

By the way, I was happy last year when my gross figures almost broke 100k, they will this year, and I find that to be a milestone for me. I do get contacted once or twice a year by the national man. companies wanting me to submit a bid, but I always refuse. When they ask why, I always tell them that I have heard from too many of my friends that they don't pay their bills. So, I am one small fry you don't have to worry about trying for the big time, I'm happy where I'm at.

#54 ·
derekslawncare;1820103 said:
WOW! Ok, forget being in the same game, we aren't even playing in the same hemisphere. :) I think the only time I will see $7,000,000.00 is just now when I typed it on the screen. I guess if you have that type of cashflow, you can operate like that. Like I said, my hats off to you who can, I just wouldn't.
He's not talking about snow lol

But yeah you need to have reserves no matter what you're in

#55 ·
derekslawncare;1820103 said:

By the way, I was happy last year when my gross figures almost broke 100k, they will this year, and I find that to be a milestone for me. I do get contacted once or twice a year by the national man. companies wanting me to submit a bid, but I always refuse. When they ask why, I always tell them that I have heard from too many of my friends that they don't pay their bills. So, I am one small fry you don't have to worry about trying for the big time, I'm happy where I'm at.
Main job isn't snow. its restoration work. My main job is spending money on projects. All my long term vendors know its going to be 90 before we pay. Now my trucking brokers, I try and get them paid within 30, they need gas money.

I agree with what you are saying, it won't ever happen cause the next guy will roll the dice and hope to get paid.

#56 ·
Upallnite;1819905 said:
Does anyone know who has the contract for CVS this season or how the smart phone app worked out last year? Did people get paid quicker or did it hold things up?
TO answer your question, yes it worked great. NO paperwork and I got checks in 30 days or less. The first one was small and strange, but it came in 20 days. Some invoices went close 45 in the first check, but was paid in 15 on others so it all worked out. Loved the app, got paid quick, the only hard part was getting my guy to document the work on the time sheet, so keeping track of the invoices was difficult at times.

#58 ·
framer1901;1819983 said:
Don't know if they have it but we just received a request to bid CVS for AGMG.

Anyone that allows another party to be in control of if and when you get paid deserves the shafting you'll eventually get. The paid when paid clause locks you down to hoping the middle man is doing everything right on their end - cause when they don't, you don't get paid.

Find your own work, you'll be more profitable and happier.
Very true, never sign any contract like that. If they can't get paid for a service you performed, tough. They still need to pay you for the service you PERFORMED.

When you sign those contracts, and then go to collect via lawyer or in court or arbitration, they'll throw that in your face, fudge their numbers and show none of those services were paid somehow and you're left with nothing.

You did all the work, completed all their BS insane paperwork, and they're not paid for any reason, you lose out all of your time and money spent on salt, labor, insurance, supplies and repairs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.