1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CVS and Walgreens

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by pabaker66, Feb 15, 2013.

1. pabaker66

pabaker66 Senior Member

I have stopped at both of these stores in the Cuyahoga Falls area only to be told by the manager "I am not aloud to discuss this with you". This has been going on for over a year. All I do is go into the store ask to speak to the manager, I hand her a card and identify myself and explain that I would like to discuss your snow and ice management for the upcoming season" All I am trying to find out is who is in charge of it and contact information. At one point I was given the name of the excising contractor but this is not what I want. How do I get her to listen to me?

2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Most likely you need to speak to a corporate manager type,not at the store level.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Go directly to their web site and check for vendor info to see who to email or call,calling is much better though ,

4. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

SMS assist has wal-greens in Ohio, and I know CVS is under a national company as well. I just don't remember which one. Personally, I wouldn't plow for any national, but you can do what you want.

5. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

Our cvs here is local.

6. hatefulmechanic

hatefulmechanic Senior Member

Ferrandino and Sons has CVS in this area, I don't think they go into OH though.

It seems that OH is still in Region I though, so maybe they do cover it.

http://www.cvscaremarkrealty.com/real-estate-contacts

Phil Pirro, RDRE
    330-487-6963
    OH, MN, PA: Pittsburgh, WV

7. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Our Walgreens highers local plowers, a friend of mine has tried to get there two stores in this area for years and the will not change contractors. He did get the summer maintenance contracts for the two stores, trying to get his foot in the door for winter. He also told me they are cheap, and just breaks even with all the summer work.

8. windrowsnow

windrowsnow Senior Member
    from nw ohio

we do wahlgreens here in northern ohio for sms, they are real good to work with

9. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone find out if Walgreens is on their own this year or who has the account?

10. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

I bet it's a National.

11. Snowman7

Snowman7 Member
    from WI

Anyone know if Walgreens went local or if they signed with a national yet?

12. hatefulmechanic

hatefulmechanic Senior Member

Walgreens and CVS both are with Ferrandino and Sons this season, at least that is what I gathered from my F&S territory manager the other day when I was doing a site inspection at a Target.

13. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

USM services has Walgreens in Minnesota.

14. J&L

J&L Member
    from Iowa

usm has eastern iowa, too

15. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

FWIW. Ferrindino and son has Walgreens in Central Ohio.

16. jimmyzlc

jimmyzlc Member

USM has Illinois to. I think they have 417 stores.