1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cutting edges

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by hotshot4819, Jan 12, 2009.

1. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

am i able to put differint cutting edges on my plow other then the formed edges. dont really ever use the curb gaurd anyways.

9.2 vxt

2. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

i just put the new style edge on a 2001 rt3 v plow. no problem at all. any one need an extra shoe

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Since you already have the formed edges thats what you want to stick with or else your going lose the best feature of them, namely the formed center to prevent snow lose between the edges since they're the only ones that close the gap in the center without any problematic add on pucks...or to use Boss's term "snow catcter". In other words, you'd simply be going backward.

If you don't like the formed curb guards...then cut them off. A 4" cut off disk on an angle grinder makes quick work of them and you don't even have to remove the edges from the plow first. ;)