1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cutting edges

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by paul soccodato, Nov 9, 2002.

1. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

i have a 7 1/2' western pro-plow on an 89 f-350. the cutting edge is pretty worn and im going to change it soon. i would like some input on those urethane edges. how do they compare with the steel ones? can you plow brickpaver drives with them? can they take a beating? i did a lot of reading, and im impressed, but id like to hear from those of you that use them.
    thanks

2. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Paul - I switched to all u-edges last year, for all my plows, front and rear. After you break in the u-edge, you will not be disapointed. They work great on concrete, brick pavers, stone, asphalt, etc.

CGB

3. paul soccodato

thanks for the reply. i know they are good, i was just concerned with the longevity and how well they hold up to impacts. also do they leave marks on say a brick paver driveway?
    thanks

4. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

As far as longevity and wear; get 1/2" thicker than what the U-edge manufacture recomends. I bought several different sizes for same type plow just to test them. The 1" or greater had little, or no wear. If you went with less that 1", expect to see some were along the edges or even some spitting damage at the edges.

U-edges do not leave marks on any surface from what I have experienced.

CGB

5. paul soccodato

thanks again. where did you get yours?

6. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

From Garagekepper here on plowsite.

He lives a block away from me, however he might be to far from you. LOL!

CGB

7. paul soccodato

yeah thats a little far for me. im sure i can find some online
    thanks

8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Paul, try Dino/PlowKing35 here on PlowSite. I think he can fix you right up.

9. paul soccodato

ill try him
    thanks