1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cutting edges

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Detroitdan, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

My old used 810 looks as though it could use new cutting edges on the wings. They look a lot more worn than the middle, I think the middle is ok for now. Anyone know how much they cost, and is the installation difficult? I've changed edges on straight blades before, so I know a little about what I'm doing, but I notice the Blizzard has some kind of countersunk hex key bolts or something like that. Anything else I need to know to change them? Before I bought the used one I looked at new and the dealer was telling me how great the poly edges are. Can you put just poly wing edges on, and leave the used steel in the middle? Would that be a good idea? I don't know if that would drag the new wing edges first and keep the worn center off the ground.

2. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

Yes you can just put the poly edges on the wings but the poly edges dont dig as well as the stock edge on the plow. The poly edge will last longer but will leave some snow on the ground.I would just get a new stock replacement.

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Personally I would do them all (plow and both wings) at once, and no they are not hard to install.

4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

How much do they cost?

5. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I think the steel edge is just under 300 and the U edge is over 500. . I would replace them together. If the center is worn down and you install new wing edges the plow weight will be more on the wings and may cause problems with them.
    The edge is very easy to install. I have the u edge on my 810 if you want to see one before you buy.