1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cutting edges?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by r6mikeyo, Jan 8, 2014.

1. r6mikeyo

r6mikeyo Junior Member
    from Erie,PA

Anybody know where to get a descent price on a xtreme v cutting edge?

2. RSE

RSE Member

CPW- Central Parts Warehouse.

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Oem from your dealer, beat them up on the price. They have room to work.

4. RSE

RSE Member

OEM prices were disgusting, it was over $500. for just the 4 pieces alone uninstalled.....if your going to scrape a piece of steel across frozen tundra....you really don't need to do it with the wear item factored into the cost of the new snowplow. Sure you can if money is not an issue.

5. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

check your local NAPA, and any plow supply houses the state or municipal contractors use. We have several places that supply edges along with other items and you would never think of them based on their company name. They may not have the edge you need, but they may be able to get them, or make one from existing stock.
    the last place I bought my edge from is one of those places... I got a 8" 5/8 for the cost of a 6" 1/2 , and they carried hardened similar long wearing.

6. OldSchoolPSD

OldSchoolPSD Senior Member

It's just AR500 plate. You could always get some from a steel supplier and make your own.

My trucks are all strait blade but cutting edges cost me around $30 ea if I remember correctly. It's like $56 for 20' and I use the drops to make wear plates for other stuff.

7. ADMSWELDING

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

I highly doubt your buying 5/8"thk 6" or 8" wide 20' long ar strip for $56 bucks.I don,t think you could buy A36 for that cheap either.JMO.

8. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

4Qte $404 shipped to house. That is for a 8.5 v four piece .

9. Ziob34

Ziob34 Senior Member

try mill supply sometimes there cheaper

10. OldSchoolPSD

OldSchoolPSD Senior Member

You are right. I don't know where I got that number from... The old memory ain't what it used to be!

11. r6mikeyo

r6mikeyo Junior Member
    from Erie,PA

Thanks guys, may just find some straight steel and buy the middles.

12. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Think Im paying around 250 for 20ft since I buy it say its farm use I don't pay tax on it