1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting edges

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by skferreri, Aug 18, 2010.

1. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

My local guy wants $425 for a set of 1/2 inch cutting blades for my 8.5 western mvp plus.That seems a little high. Any body know where else is a good place to find a set.
  2. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like that's in the ballpark.
    I believe that I paid around that for a set last year for my 8 1/2 at work.....

Highway robbery if you ask me.....:mad:
  3. bsmitty

bsmitty Member
    from Chicago

I have 2 places by me, and I know one will ship for sure. Check out their websites.
    1. Central Parts Warehouse- www.centralparts.com
    2. Regional Truck Equipment - www.regionaltruck.com

I am looking into a 8.5 for my pro plow and Central Parts Warehouse had the best prices. Hope this helps.

4. woodsman

woodsman Senior Member

5. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

Yea, i use mill supply, they have good prices on certain items cutting edges being one. I know that their boss v cutting edges are the cheapest around in the cleveland area.
  6. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

I've used Angelo's supply out of MI for cutting edges and even with shipping they came out cheaper than what I could get locally
  7. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

We have them for right at $299. for all four peices this is for the 1/2" .
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  8. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

is there an option on the V blades for a 5/8" thick edge? i made the swap from 1/2 to 5/8 a few years ago on my straight blade and have noticed a significantly longer life for not a lot more money.
  9. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

I found a set at central parts for $293...but it says its for a mvp pro plus. Is that the same as the regular mvp plus.