1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting edges - Steel vs. Rubber

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by joeco129, Feb 15, 2007.

1. joeco129

joeco129 Senior Member

Any comments or opinions appreciated. Looking for a new cutting edge and don't know much about the rubber? I've seen write ups that say they are great, better than steel... but I know they are trying to sell them too... Looking for input from those of you that have used them both and can compare... Thanks!

from NW PA

They plow great as long as the snow is not packed down. They won't scrape the black top sealer or concrete and mark it up. You don't catch every crack either. But the down side is if your plowing anything that has had traffic on it or ice forget it. Hope this helps!
  3. ronscofield

ronscofield Junior Member

I'd like to hear some answers to this also. I have heard both ways.
    I do know the rubber on the wings seem to scrape better than the blade.
  4. New Heights

New Heights Senior Member

Rubber cutting edges are good for plowing gas stations, they don't produce sparks. Its a little reasurance the place wont blow-up.
  5. TLB

TLB Senior Member

now that is a good point:yow!: