1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting Edges- Interchangeable btw brands

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by VnDrWLawnCare, Jan 13, 2011.

1. VnDrWLawnCare

VnDrWLawnCare Member

I have a 26 series snoway 7.5. I am close to needing a new cutting edge and would like to get one soon. I dont have a sno way dealer close by so was wondering if say a western or meyer edge will work with my plow. I need a 7.5 x 6" x 3/8. If anyone has any experience with this please let me know.
    Thank You

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

as long as it is 7.5 ft and the holes line up with the ones on you plow brand doesnt matter
  3. Nabattery

Nabattery Junior Member

I would suggest.... if you are good with tools, go to a shop that fabricates steel. Have them make it to your dimensions, and either drill the holes yourself, or see if they can help. I had one done for my 8' Fisher, and had the holes drilled in the middle so i can flip it over and use the other side once it is worn down.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Only Snoway replacement edges will fit others have their own punch patterns.
  5. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

I have gone to my local steel yard and bought 6" X 3/8" X 20'. I use the old blade as a pattern and cut my own holes. I can get 2 blades out of that for less than the price of one OE blade.
  6. Carpenter98

Carpenter98 Member

How difficult is it to cut new holes? An excavator friend of mine has a plow that came with a single axle dump he bought recently. He won't use the truck for plowing so the plow just sits. I'm thinking of taking off the cutting edge and using in on my plow.

I have a 9', his is a 10'. So I'm either gonna stretch mine 6" either way or cut his down...probably the latter. How difficult is it to cut & drill an edge?
  7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict