1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting edges in Rhode Island

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by usedcarsinri, Jan 2, 2009.

1. usedcarsinri

usedcarsinri Junior Member

Well another storm and more repairs its always the way. Anyone near Rhode Island that can recommend a good place to buy cutting edges 8' X 8'' X 5/8'' I need a couple of them and prices are crazy and steel prices went down.. HELP please

2. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

Try finding a steel distributer out there & buy it from them. You'd have to drill your own holes, but it's not really a big deal.

3. lawnprolawns

lawnprolawns Senior Member

I was looking to make some cutting edges for my ATV a while back and it was cheaper to buy the premade ones than to make my own.. go figure.

4. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

I am told that Stanley Equipment in Uxbridge, MA has all of that type of stuff. They are just over the North Smithfield, RI line on the old Rt. 146. Caveat: I haven't used Stanley as I got a bunch of cutting edges a few years ago at a bankruptcy sale.

5. ZJN11

ZJN11 Junior Member

cap city in warwick has them. they run about $200.

6. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

I used genalco in Warwick. Thats pretty much all they sell. Cutting edges, excavator teeth etc. The co. I work for gets a good discount there and last year my edge was $120. Best i could find. http://www.genalco.com

7. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i get ours from Cat....you can get them in 6" or 8"

8. timmy1

timmy1 Senior Member
    from RI

$125 at pathfinder in Exeter.

6"x1/2x8'

9. usedcarsinri

usedcarsinri Junior Member

I need fisher 8 foots prefer 5/8ths X 8''X 8'

10. timmy1

timmy1 Senior Member
    from RI

The bolt pattern is the same fisher/pathfinder. I think it's called "8 foot highway stamp".

A 5/8x8x8 weights about 100lbs more than a 1/2x6x8. Actually a fisher dealer in NH told me not to run 8 inch edges on a pickup because you're really maxing out you're front end as it is with a 6", 4 spring plow.

11. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

Landry Enterprises.
    46 Summer St
    Franklin, MA (Just over the boarder from Woonsocket next to Bellingham)
    Open 24/7 durring a storm. Autorized Fisher dealer and he makes hoses on site.
    508-528-9122
    978-622-3197(pager)

12. GMC Brian

GMC Brian Junior Member

Plow Cutting Edges

Here is where we get all our cutting edges from. They are located in the Myles Standish Industrial Park in Taunton,Ma. They carry most in stock, and if they don't have them they will punch you one. They have the 8" x 5/8 or the 6" x 5/8. They also have rubber edges and carbide ones also. Don't know what the going price is, as steel has gone through the roof. They will make an edge for just about anything. Here is the contact info:

www.atlanticbroom.com

Atlantic Broom Service is located in Myles Standish Industrial Park, Taunton MA , and in close proximity to routes 495, 95, and 24. Our hours of operation are Mon-Fri 7:00 AM-4:30 PM, and Saturdays during the snow season 7:00 AM-11:00 AM. Please feel free to contact us with any questions, or if you are interested in becoming one of our select group of nation-wide distributors.

Tel (Toll Free): (800) 532-9509
    Tel: (617) 361-8600
    Email doucette@atlanticbroom.com

Addresses:

345 John Quincy Adams
    Taunton, MA 02780-7306

13. Rotator911

Rotator911 Junior Member

Call Mid City Steel in Westport Ma they allways have 8'x8"x5/8 punched out for Fisher plows

14. ZJN11

ZJN11 Junior Member

I plow over the road and burn them out very quickly. i was looking into carbide. or a cheaper alternative bolting on 2 edges at a time.

15. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

i have the carbide on my plow i also do roads
    although it doesnt go down quite as quick i will say in 3 storms its down almost 2 inches
    all storms i was out for 10 or more hours straight
    Also ill second going to Landry's in franklin great place to deal with

16. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

This is a great thread.

So they next question would be: Who has the best prices?

17. ZJN11

ZJN11 Junior Member

That is disheartening to hear that the carbide only lasts about 3 storms. I was hoping to get a season or so out of one. I am burning up the 1/2 inch ones in less than 15hrs. the 5/8ths seem to last about one storm or so.

18. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

i think it still has about 6-8 storms left
    just noticed it was worn down a bit
    its an 8inch edge if i remember right

19. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

Hillside in Westport MA is a Fisher dealer, he stocks plenty of them.

20. twodan

twodan Member

Edges

try perm-a-line in brockton mass 508-588-6240