1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cutting edges for blizzard plow

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by BIG GREEN FWD, Nov 26, 2010.

1. BIG GREEN FWD

BIG GREEN FWD Junior Member

im getting ready to buy a new blizzard speed wing plow and im going to put the urethane cutting edge on it......any thots on this cut edge?
    also has anyone used the blizzard low pro salt spreader thinking of one of those also?

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

The spreaders are variations of the Western/Fisher units originally produced by Grotech. They're great units, in fact I'd like to find myself another one. What are you seeing for quotes on them if you dont mind me asking? Are you dealing with Brad's?

I have no experience with urethane on the SW or PP's. I run steel and carbide inserts on my 810.

3. BIG GREEN FWD

BIG GREEN FWD Junior Member

yea brad is afriend of mine that sells blizzards...........im not sure price on spreader he is checking on mon........i got a new duramax so im outfitting it with everything

4. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

We run steel with carbide welded on the wings also. Have to get as much life out of them as possible. They are priced ridiculous. Must be somewhere cheaper to get them.

5. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Let me know what he says if you don't mind.

Thanks!

6. paulsauto

paulsauto Member

I run the poly edge on my 810ss and really like it. it back drags better than the steel. It helps that i can put down pressure with the skid steer. the poly edge doesn't scrape as well on hard pack. the plow is much quieter and is more forgiving when hitting uneven pavement. it seems to last forever

7. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Are you running downpressure much for scraping in forward?

8. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Another vote for urethane edges. All good stuff except the price tag. :eek:

9. BowTieDmax

BowTieDmax Senior Member

With my 810 on my truck I would wear out a steel edge in less than one season. Ive got 3 years on a poly edge. Its sooo quiet! I first started using them years back because of a nursing home I plowed. I always felt bad about waking everyone up as I plowed. Now Im hooked. And another big plus is they are very curb friendly, dont gough the hard surface you plow and they dont gouge into dirt or gravel as bad. I did learn that if you keep it on hard surface ALL the time then it will scrape as good as steel all the time. But if you go back and forth from gravel to concret then the "sharp" edge kinda gets rounded off and it wont scrap the hard stuff as good. I just put a poly on my 8611ss so we will see how it does. the skid steer stacks snow way out in the grass at locations so I wanted the ploy so it didnt tear up the grass.
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=110744

10. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

where did u get the poly cutting edge??? i haved looked forever for a set and my local dealer says they dont offer any...

11. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

where r u getting the ploy cutting edges...local dealer here says they dont offer any...