1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting Edge

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by tnplowboy, Jan 30, 2007.

1. tnplowboy

tnplowboy Junior Member

I am new to this sight and wanted some input on cutting edge. I bought a used plow that has a rubber cutting edge should I change it out for a steel??

2. payton

payton Senior Member

rubber edges are used more for cobblestone brick or other fancy drives streets.

there nice espically when the snow is wet and slushy they clean up great.. but for normal use on asphalt/ concrete id go with a steel edge

3. ned5485

ned5485 Member

how big is your blade? When you get the steel, do you want to sell the rubber?
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  4. trnlmm

trnlmm Junior Member
    from Indiana

you might want to do some reserch on the polyurethane blades before committing to steel or getting rid of your rubber blades. we have a rubber blade on the bobcats box and it cleans like a dream although it is a little rough on gravel. you just have to bump up a little bit.