1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting Edge

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by DAFFMOBILEWASH, Jan 20, 2007.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Has anyone broken the corner off the cutting edge on thier plows? Had a Meyer for 8years never chipped off a corner. First time out on a 13month old plow, chipped the corner off the cutting blade. I hope that this won't be a issue in the future. Is this covered by snoway??? Or will I be buying a new cutting edge with 20 min on the plow.
  2. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

I can't remember off the top of my head if its a warrantied issue but sounds like that is a flaw in craftsmanship. I would take that in to the dealer and if he doesn't cooperate raise hell. Thats a defantie flaw in material, I've hit a crap ton of stuff that hasn't even come close to even bending the edge, let alone break it. And i've hit this stuff hard enough to stop the entire truck in its path! good luck! :salute:
  3. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

Definitely sounds like a flaw in the cutting edge.
    I think the metal is plain mild steel. Tempered steel or cast iron could crack, but mild steel should just bend.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The edge is hardened steel. Check with your dealer about warranty.
  5. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

they'd probably warranty it. i had a center pin break right off the bat. you could see the bad pour by looking at the break. the dealer gave me a new one.