1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting edge???

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Sharpshooter77, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Sharpshooter77

Sharpshooter77 Senior Member

I am in need of an 8 foot cutting egde for my conventional fisher plow. This Truck that I bought a while back in april or may the trip edge was worn do really small. So someone before me welded 3/8 thick plate to the bottom of the springs and then weld it to the trip edge. so I need an extra wide cutting edge. My question is that are these cutting edges harden steel. Or are they just regular steel. So i was going to get a wide pices of steel and cut my own holes and do it like that. THANKS:bluebounc

2. ADMSWELDING

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

there hardend i go to dyar sales n. reading mass.seems to be the closest and has a good stock/prices i see where close to each other good luck

3. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

i second that....dyar sales always seems to have any possible size, and they make sure you have everything you need before you leave

4. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Bedford autoparts always had the 5/8 x 8" tall edges for the Fishers in stock. They are off 128 at 225

5. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

They're made of 1090 carbon steel if you plan to use your own. I believe it should be 3/8"x6".

6. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

Go To Dyar Bro Get The 5/8 By 8 Highway Blade. Far Superior To The Stock Edge And Will Last A Long Time But Get It This Week Before There New Shipment Comes In And The Price Goes Up

7. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Running a larger cutting edge like that is nice for a number of reasons, but I would never put one on just because of the extra stress you're putting on the hydraulic motor and lift components. I would love to run one on mine, but the extra weight makes it not worth the aggrevation, IMO.

8. BlueLine Ent

I believe the standard on an 8ft fisher is 1/2" by 6", but seriously, just go for the 5/8 X 8 blade, its not that much more weight, its almost the same price and its well worth it, it will last longer. The damn pumps are made for this ****, they can take it. Its Fisher. Enough said.

9. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

Ive Seen You Before. You Gut The F150 That Lights Up Like An Ambulance. You Were Doing That Preschool In Danvers Right?

10. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I ran the edge plus a U edge behind it. Never a problem with the extra weight

11. BlueLine Ent

yup, thats me. we were there for quite some time.