1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting Edge

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by omsk, Sep 29, 2005.

1. omsk

omsk Junior Member

Just picked up a 9' Pro Plow - great condition overall. I plan to replace the fluid and the cutting edge before I put it to use.

Any reccomendations/suggestions about a replacement cutting edge? Should I use the Western 3/8" or 1/2"? How about aftermarket sources?

I'm not familier with the soft cutting edges, and no one around here is using them. Whats the story on those? Snow here tends to be heavy and we do get ice. Do they clean well? How about durability and cost?

Any input is appreciated - Thanks

Gregg

2. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

3. DakotaDarron

DakotaDarron Member

I work for state highway in NY and we use viking and or henderson for our replacement parts but there for the macks not sure if you could get a commercial grade size. just a thought

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

we get all ours through Cat and they are road grader edges some of the plows we had to redrill for 12" centers.....but it is worth it they will last you a whole season.....we are also using 4' edges from the scrap yard that have the carbide inbedded in them...

5. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

PB your link has nothing to it when I tried it.