1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cutting edge

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by jbart06, Dec 3, 2012.

1. jbart06

jbart06 Member

I have a blizzard 760 lt power hitch I. need a cutting edge- what are my options i keep getting conflicting responses from the dealer, I would rather get the heavy duty 760 cutting edge for my plow if the bolt holes will line up?? the HD one appears to be 90 inches by 1/2 inch thick then theirs a couple that are 89 inches by 3/8 thick and 90 by 3/8 thick...any idea???
  2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

the cutting edge matrix I have shows 760LT '00- current takes a B61256 which is a 3/8 x 6 and includes the bolts. the part number w/o bolts is B61165.
    end to center of 1st hole is 1.7", end to center 2nd hole 14.07", and end to center of 3rd hole 26.44"
  3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

What's the length you have now?
  4. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Bolt pattern is the same. I've put the HD cutting edge on the LT plow, but it will not be flush with the front of the moldboard, it will stick up 1/8 of an inch because the LT has a lip the cutting edge sits against.
  5. jbart06

jbart06 Member

760 is the 7 1/2 foot plow, thanks for letting me know about the bolt holes lining up. Seem smarter to get the heavy duty cutting edge even if it is only 1/8th of an inch difference.