1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting edge

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by SteveR, Jan 30, 2011.

1. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

Does any one make an aftermarket cutting edge for a boss VEE

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

They have the formed edges and the older cutting edges without the curb gaurds and the formed center section. If you get the old style you will need the rubber center section. Its best to just get the formed edges and be done with it.
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

get the formed edges

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Sorry I misread your question. But the answer is no. I know the price is high and its sickening. Bottom line is if you make your own they wont last as long and by the time you spend the money on making 2 sets you would be better off just buying OE boss edges.
  5. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

Central parts warehouse does make cheaper edges, but i spent 7/8 of the cost of a boss set and only got a year out of them. Plus had to weld the centers back in, The edges are junk I just bought the boss one's and hit a local oreily's and bought a set of plow shoes for like 17 bucks a piece.