1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cutting edge wearing uneven

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jperry9636, Jan 14, 2009.

1. jperry9636

jperry9636 Member

Hey guys I have a 05 Chevy 2500HD with a 8' HD Fisher on it. Well not sure if it is normal but the left and right sides of the cutting edge are wearing quicker then the center. Not sure if the adjustment on the A-frame is right. I have it in the middle hole and was wondering if I was to move it up or down if it would make a difference. Thanks for any help.

2. jimslawns

jimslawns Junior Member
    from Mid MO

Outside will wear out somewhat faster than the middle, the angling of the plow causes this.
  3. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

The A frame should be parallel to the ground. Even then, what youre experiencing happens, just less than it would without a level A Frame :drinkup:
  4. T&MSnowMan

T&MSnowMan Member

Did you look to see if the A-Frame is level when you drop the plow? If it isnt level when on a level surface then you will need to drop one hole . Sounds like you need to move it down. It will wear naturally though from angling.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2009