1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting Edge Wear Guards

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by captadamnj, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

Winter Equipment PlowGuard Jr. set. This is a pair (2) of carbide cutting edge wear guards that will increase the life of your cutting edge. As seen here -
    http://www.winterequipment.com/winter/ApplicationInstallation/plowguardjr.htm

Never installed. Selling because I changed plows last year before I could install these and they have been sitting in my garage since. 6" high by 9" wide. Two 5/8" mounting holes spaced 3" apart. (1 1/2" from center of hole to top of guard, 4 1/2" from center of holes to bottom of guard.) If you have a 6" cutting edge (any thickness) mounted with 5/8" bolts that are 3" apart and are centered 1 1/2" from the top of the cutting edge, these will work for you. They are not specific to any brand. These are best installed with a new cutting edge. Also included is a set of 4 Grade 8 plow bolts, 5/8" by 3" long along with locking nuts.

Retail for the guards with hardware is around $125. $90 + shipping. Tired of moving them all the time. Shipping weight is 25 lbs. from 08201. I am also willing to meet somewhere in NJ if you are out this way.

2. Duramaxallison0

Duramaxallison0 Member

How much are you asking? Shipping to 55044

3. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

$90 for the pair including the mounting bolts/nuts.

$23.82 shipped to 55044 via UPS ground.

Total $113.82, I can do paypal. They are packed up and ready to go.

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I can weld these to my edges right?

5. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

Have welder, can weld.

6. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

Still available as of this morning.

7. dm5.9

dm5.9 Member

I might be interested I just have to measure my edge and bolt spacing on my plow when I get home. How far are you away from paterson nj?

8. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

Willing to drive up to around exit 100 on the parkway to meet you.

9. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

sold, thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.