1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting Edge Scematic

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by White Gardens, Jan 13, 2011.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I want to have a local shop make me a new cutting edge.

I know I've seen the diagram on-line before for blue-prints or scematics for the cutting edge.

I want to give it to my shop so they can build me one and I don't have any down-time in between. Otherwise I have to leave the plow with them for 24 hours so they can take all the measurements.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

Edit, sorry, it's a 9 foot edge.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  2. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

I would think that getting a new cutting edge that is all ready made would be cheaper. Your local plow parts dealer should carry them in stock.

3. White Gardens

Nope, not one in stock. Getting one made will save me about 75 bucks. I can also get it made to my specifications also.

4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Really save you that much?? They only run $120 here from the dealer, and from a truck supply in town they are $100.

5. White Gardens

It's going to cost me with shipping through Fisher aroun $275, and I can have one made for around $200.

9 ft edges tend to run more.

6. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Here is an idea. Dont go to Fisher to buy it. Lots of places sell cutting edges and alot cheaper than a Fisher dealer. The last one I bought was $125 with bolts and tax. Thats a 8ft 6in 5/8 with 3/4 punch

7. White Gardens

Funny thing is that I called a fisher dealer 2 hours away. He has 15 in stock and his price is $125.00. 50bucks less than the local dealer and I don't have to pay for shipping.

I still might have one made for the 200 price as I can go ahead and have it made to 7 inches wide, over-hang and extra 1.5 inches for curb protection, and also have a couple of short pieces to double up the ends to help with wear protection.

I don't have another option here MR. Plow for blades other than having it made or getting it through the dealer. On-line I can get it cheaper, but then I'm out shipping.

8. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Whatever you do Nick, Pick up a set of Winter Xtendors to slap on there as well. Worth every penny, and should extend your cutting edge life 3-4X.

9. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

10. White Gardens

Sweet Guys! Appreciate the links.

Hey Johny, does Koenig keep edges in stock over there? I might call them and see if they got any NOS sitting around.

11. White Gardens

So, here's what I'm thinking.

The previous owners (ISU) had installed a half inch strip of steel in between the trip edge and the moldboard in order to raise the angle of the cutting edge in order to scrape ice/frozen slush better in the parking lot it was used on.

I don't mind it as it hasn't affected the tripping action, and may help it to some degree to trip a bit easier without transferring the energy into bending the trip edge.

So, what I'm thinking is that with the spacer, I might be able to make it wider by a 1/4 of an inch in order to make it reversible. Not sure if I'll be able to do that or not.

I also want to add end plates at the end doubling it up for wear protection. I also want to extend the first plate 1" to 3/4" of an inch, and do the the same for a staggered extension for curb protection. Not only that but it will give me a bit area for overlap of the rubber edge on the wings.

Cutting Edge1.jpg

Cutting Edge2.jpg

Cutting Edge1.jpg

Cutting Edge2.jpg