1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting Edge(s) needed - Seacoast NH, Southern Maine

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lawnchoice, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice Junior Member

I need to get a couple cutting edges for my yellow plows.

Anyone from the area ( NH / ME ) know of a supplier that has them ? I really would like them to be custom built as I can't stand paying the OEM prices.

Thanks for the help in advance.

2. Ian03

Ian03 Senior Member

Check Whites Welding in Hampton, or Langs Garage in Rye. Tom Fortin may have a couple used ones, he can be reached at 603-380-5008, and if he does, you can have them refinished at Berts Radiator in N Hampton. Where exactly are you from anyway?

3. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice Junior Member

I will call Whites and check with them. Didn't know if you had anyone special that you got them from.

I have got them from Dunn's Equipment and Langs in the past, but just the OEM ones from Fisher.

I am in Hampton Falls.

4. Ian03

Ian03 Senior Member

This is my first year and I bought my plow used so this may be a stupid question. How do you know when it is worn out enough to be replaced? Any signs or markings I should look for?

5. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice Junior Member

There really aren't any markings to look for.

Lift the plow up, put the safety chain on.
    Check to see if the edge is level with the trip edge. If the trip edge is wearing, replace! Simple as that.

Are you doing mostly residentials?

6. Ian03

Ian03 Senior Member

Yeah, all residentials here. Thanks for the tip on comparing the 2 edges, I will check that when I get home. How about you, residentials or commercial? What company do you work for or do you fly solo??

7. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice Junior Member

I own Lawnchoice in Hampton Falls.

It's just two of us during the winter months as I can't stand having too much overhead in the winter.

We do around 75 driveways and a 1/2 dozen commerical properties locally.

What about you?

8. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Member

Sanel auto parts in Exeter or Portsmouth sell after market cutting edges. They carry 7.5, 8 and 9 footers for fisher plows.

9. Ian03

Ian03 Senior Member

Swampdonkey, thanks for the heads up. Any idea what they get for them? Where are you from?

10. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice Junior Member

Sanel's are all out right now. This is right from the warehouse.

Another week and they might have something.

11. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Member

I could check on prices tomorrow. I work out of Sanel's main warehouse in Concord, I drive a box truck to some of the Sanel stores in southern NH delivering the parts from the warehouse.

12. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Member

I didn't get a chance to check prices today.

The warehouse has alot of 7.5 cutting edges but no 8s or 9s.

Jordan Equipment on rt106 in Concord is our supplier you could check with them if that helps

13. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

I got mine from Mills supply last year for $45 shipped, brand new with bolts.

14. Ian03

Ian03 Senior Member

WOW, I work in retail and figured it would have cost twice that just for shipping, it has to weigh 100 pounds?? Where is Mills supply?

15. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

I should clarify I bought a 7" cutting edge for a meyers

I was shocked as well, local dealer wanted $65 plus tax

shipping involved sticking a shipping label right to the cutting edge.

I just checked and holy crap did the price go up from last year, all this talk about steel prices is no joke!
    mills

Last edited: Dec 15, 2004