1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting edge / rubber flap problem fisher EZ -V

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by f150guy97, Jan 22, 2014.

1. f150guy97

f150guy97 Junior Member
    from mass

I have a 03 fisher mm1 ez v 8-6 just installed new cutting edge and rubber flap. now the plow is sitting on the flap and the edge is not touching. just plowed a small storm and it left snow everywhere. ???? does it need to wear in or is there anything i can do.

Thanks Plow is on 88 F350 diesel

2. I just replaced mine last week and the same thing happened. I ended up dragging it around in reverse in a parking lot to wear it down. I got some strange looks but it won't be the last time I get those!!!:nod:

3. f150guy97

f150guy97 Junior Member
    from mass

Did it wear down enough that it sat lower

4. Yes it did.

5. OSCLandscaping

OSCLandscaping Member

I think you may have installed it upside down.

6. OSCLandscaping

OSCLandscaping Member

This is how it should be installed, but it actually goes inside the 2 brackets that come with it. Not in front of them. Bolt the two metal brackets to the trip edge then bot the rubber flap inside of the metal brackets.

image.jpg

7. LON

LON Senior Member

Did away with that factory center bracket on the Clarion Mall truck and made flaps from an old radial tire tread. They had a Canadian company doing this at one time but that company couldn't keep up with the orders. Kept it in the old cranium from Fisher Tech School a few years back.

8. OSCLandscaping

OSCLandscaping Member

I do the same thing but use mud flaps doubled up. Doesn't work as well as the originals. I think I will try a tire next time.