1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting Edge revisit

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by poorhotrodder, Jan 7, 2010.

1. poorhotrodder

poorhotrodder Junior Member

:help:I just bought another MM 8.5'. I was told it was a 2002 model and thats it...The plow has no cutting edge. I now need to add a cutting edge.... First off how do i know what series or model blade i have? Then should i go steel carbide or rubber? The majority of my plowing is crusher run or gravel driveways with a few commercial asphalt parking lots and some concrete... I dont do a whole lot of plowing but more then a homeowner...... I dont plan on keeping this truck for more then 2 or 3 yrs so I dont need something to last a lifetime but i dont want to change it every year..... Should i go 6" or 8"? Can I just take a piece of 1/2" steel and fab my own I was told they are carbon steel and a regular steel plate would wear out in a half season.... My other truck has a fisher mm with an edge and doesnt seem to be worn out and already i have 3 seasons on that but i dont know what it is since it came on the plow Thanks for reading my lengthy post I search but found nothing to answer these ques. Also will a 9' Edge bolt up and then i can hack off the overhang with a plasma cutter?

Thanks Again:help:
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Just get a 1/2 (or 5/8) x 6 x 8.5 from your Fisher dealer. It will bolt right up. It's not worth screwing around to save a few bucks.

I would NOT get an 8 inch edge with all the gravel you plow. That will be tripping non stop.