1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cutting edge replacement time?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Stalkker66, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Stalkker66

Stalkker66 Junior Member

hey guys, i have a boss 8' super duty trip edge plow and was wondering when it is time to add the cutting edge? is there a measurement from the mounting holes to know how far to wear it before i add the replacement blade?

2. speedy

speedy Senior Member

When there is nothing to measure, it's time. Seriously, change it out when there isn't enough left to last for the next storm....might as well get all the value you can out of it.
  3. Stalkker66

Stalkker66 Junior Member

yeah thats wat i was figuring, just didnt know if there was a certain amount you need for the backing of the new edge for support to bolt to. that way all the force isnt on the bolts only.
  4. Stalkker66

Stalkker66 Junior Member

Talked to bass directly on this. They suggest when about 2" is removed. So if there is 4" of blade left to add the replacement blade. I will probably go to 2 1/2" removed or 3 1/2" left.