1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting edge replacement BOSS 9.2

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by TLS, Dec 1, 2014.

1. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Still using the original edges on my 9.2 BOSS V

Its a 2004 era RT3 that originally came with the rubber center "hoof" snow catcher. Everything was fine until one of last years heavy ones when I lost my hoof somewhere.

The edges are worn down pretty low and am looking to replace with the new formed cutting edges that replace the hoof.

My question is....

A) Is this a good idea? Any drawbacks to the newer formed edges? Or a good argument to stay with the straight edges and a new center hoof?

B) Is there a special part number to order, or will all the 9.2 formed edges retro-fit my older blade?

I did a search, but didn't come up with much.

Trying to plan this out and do it myself as I'm going to de-rust the mating surfaces while they're off.

Thanks!

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I use the formed edges. I like the curve on the ends for running down curbs.

3. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, the curb guards will be nice, although making an already tight squeeze even tighter when putting it in my garage!

Was yours an original "hoof" plow?

Specifically, I'm making sure there isn't a special PN I need to order for the older plow retrofit.

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

no, an older rtII, i have to grind a little off by the center on each edge to get them to fit.

to get into my garage I have one wing forward and one back. (I have the wings, I welded them on)

i snake it in to the garage door with one wing forward, then turn the wheel to that side go forward and the wing that is back now just clears the door.

5. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks!

I put mine in scoop mode as it's the narrowest in that position.

6. mvhauler

mvhauler Senior Member

A little late to the game here, but here goes..... I've got an "05 with the original edges plus curb guards. Lost my hoof once but found it. The middle of the edges are wearing quicker than the outside because of the curb guards. When I do replace, I will go with the new style to eliminate these problems. I have the poly blade so I will need to cut a little off the moldboard on both sides so the new edges fit.