1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting edge question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Brant'sLawnCare, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

The plow in my sig for my 2002 350 leaves scrape marks on cement and tar surfaces from the middle rubber snow catcher. I think it's the bracket that is scraping. Is there any way to fix this? I can post a pic if you nee to see how much wear there is. But there is probably only about a half inch to an inch missing.

Brant

2. Brant'sLawnCare

Dang, I was hoping someone would be able to help me out.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Does western make a molded cutting edge like Boss has now to eliminate the center hoof.

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Pictures are awesome.

I can't read very well.

5. Brant'sLawnCare

I just talked to my dealer. He said I should use the shoes. But I think that's kinda a crappy design in the first place, with an even worse solution.

6. Brant'sLawnCare

Yes they actually do. But they are not compatible with the older style V's. You can make them work, but it takes a lot of time and a welder. It's a bummer, because the new cutting edge design is a lot nicer.

7. Brant'sLawnCare

Lol, ok I will try. Probably this weekend I will get some up. I don't see how I will be able to before that.

8. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Brant, sorry I can't be much help with the Western V, but we do have an older Boss V that we fitted the newer edges onto. Just some simple grinding for that application. If you are looking for a more thorough answer, I could give you the # for a place we buy from occaisionallyl. It's a little ride from where your at, but this guy knows his stuff.

BTW, I hope everything went well for you over the summer. We were out in your area a few weeks, kept my eyes peeled for one of your trucks to no avail. :waving: