1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting edge question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by J&R Landscaping, Dec 11, 2007.

1. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

I know that the Fisher/Western blades are quite similar. Does anyone know if you can interchange the cutting edges on them? I would be taking an edge from an 8' hd fisher and putting it on an 8' Western Pro blade (new ultra mount style if it matters).

Thanks for any help!!

2. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

You will need to check the bolt locations on the plow. I don't think they are interchangeable.

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Make sure ya post pics of your complete truck and plow :)

4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

no

buddy of mine has a 2-3 year old western pro and my fisher cutting edge has a different bolt pattern.

maybe brand new is different but i doubt it.

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

The plow I'm getting is used, its like 2-3 years old or so. A few guys at the same storage yard all run fisher blades. One guy has several extra cutting edges so I wasn't sure if they would work or not. I'll have to check the bolt pattern once I finally get the plow on Sunday!!

MCW, I'll have to email you the pics because I have no idea how to resize them.

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

email em to me and i''ll post em up for you!! :)

mcwlandscaping@yahoo.com

7. TurbDies2500

TurbDies2500 Senior Member

I dont think that the bolt holes on the cutting edges are in the same spot. I think the fisher might be too long. I could be wrong tho. Try it out.