1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting Edge Question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by GSullivan, Dec 13, 2010.

1. GSullivan

GSullivan Senior Member

I bought a new cutting edge for my Fisher MM2 H.D. It is much thicker than the one I took off,it measures a little more than 5/8" thick.It is also much taller.My question is do I have to raise the carriage of the plow frame?It seems like the taller cutting edge offsets the trip springs.I hope my question makes sense to someone out there.Thanks,George
  2. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

you probably have a 5/8x8 inch I would run it the way it is make sure the bolts are correct most would be 5/8 and your plow may be 1/2 so you may need to drill out your holes that edge will last you a long time we use them on public roads because they last longer
  3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

The plow A-frame has 3 mounting holes, pick the holes that give you the flatest A-frame.