1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cutting edge problems on 29 series

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by SE+C, Dec 13, 2007.

1. SE+C

SE+C Member

i was checking my 29 series out today and noticed the cutting edge was split dead center of the plow. this was a new cutting edge last season. it also broke at the corner after about two hour of use after it was put on. one of the other guys that runs a snoway v had the same problem. i had the first break welded. wondering whether or not to weld this one or get a new edge. other than that love this plow

2. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Wow...

Doing some "rough" plowing are we??

I had to look at mine today because I slammed a freakin' manhole cover (and I wasn't even plowing the street) I was just rolling along slowly, thank god, and i dropped the plow to readjust the driving height before I headed to my next job...sheet..!!!! What a bang...!

No damage though...but if I was going a bit faster...i dunno??

3. SE+C

SE+C Member

it was't "rough plowing" but we did find the spot that we think broke the cutting edges it was a piece of a pipe ballard that was sticking up that no one saw. this same spot damaged two push boxes last year. everything was hit at about the same time. we took care of that little hazard the other day with a set of torches. what sucks is that if you went one way on the lot you missed it if you went the other direction it would hit.