1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cutting edge options

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by zeek, Dec 12, 2009.

1. zeek

zeek Member

Ok I have the SD 7.5 Fisher with the poly edge on it and it sucks the big one. This is my first Fisher plow (formally a meyer/western guy) I am leaving a base of snow when I am plowing, so my question is, Is the plow too light, or is it the poly edge? :realmad:

2. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

I would check the length of chain you got to drop it. Maybe give it a few more links. Doesnt make sense to me, nothing wrong with the fisher brand, Im a Myers guy only cuz the dealer is closer, but have a few o ld Fishers. Does it have a choice of holes in the bracket that the pins go into when you mount it on the truck. If it does perhaps moving the plow up (on the Pins) will get a better angle and "bite" on it

3. zeek

zeek Member

I will look, i don't know if it has another angle or not, the chains have plenty of slack

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The a-frame needs to sit parallel to the ground. That's what the holes in the back are for. The LD is not a real heavy blade to begin with, and the older fishers simply don't scrape as well as an X or XV. I'm not sure the impact the poly edge has on scraping ability.

5. BSM Exhaust

BSM Exhaust Member

My HT with the poly edge scrapes fine. Do you have shoes on the plow? if so they could be shimmed to high. Just curious, how far does the poly edge hang from the trip edge?

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

HT is completely different animal than the LD. You have the 75* cutting edge angle.

7. zeek

zeek Member

Ok...i was checking out the cutting edge last night and I think it just needs to wear in alittle, the poly is thick and being a new plow the front of the edge isn't touching yet.

8. BSM Exhaust

BSM Exhaust Member

Mine was the same way. Dont wear them down together, take the cutting edge off until you wear at least 1/2" to 1" of the trip edge then put the cutting edge back on, atleast thats what every one is telling me to do. Should take 3-4 seasons to wear the trip down. I dont like the idea of wearing down my new plow, Id rather wear the replaceable edge so I redrilled my holes lower. Plus I have a paver driveway and need the poly to do the cutting. Let us know what you do .