1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting Edge Options - Parkade Roof

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PHL, Dec 14, 2009.

1. PHL

PHL Junior Member

We have a contract for a parkade roof that has a waterproof membrane on the surface...we're worried about potential damage from using a steel cutting edge. We've tried a poly-edge but it wears quickly (3 uses per side). Does anyone have exeprience with this type of thing?
    Any suggestions for an edge that will work well but not damage the membrane?
  2. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

Im not sure you are getting a good quality poly edge I have had mine for 1 plowing season plus the start of this season and have great wear with mine, how much area are you plowing per event?
  3. PHL

PHL Junior Member

The edge we are using came from Bobcat for our 6' straight blade. The area we're clearing is relatively small (10,000sq.ft).
  4. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

we do a similar roof, and we use a sweeper to sweep it into piles, then we use a bucket to scoop the pile about a inch to the roof. we find this works great, and the customer is very happy.
  5. PHL

PHL Junior Member

Thanks for that - we have been debating picking up an angle broom for this application.