1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting edge life on boss 9.2 vxt

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rich414, Feb 25, 2015.

1. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

I have a Boss 9.2vxt ploy plow and i run 100% on pavement. the last cutting edge I got somewhere around 40hrs before it was about to hit the center hinge point.

What are yall getting for hrs on the cutting edge?

2. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

3. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

I put about 200 hrs on mine since i owned the plow. It wasnt the formed edges though

4. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

That seems like really fast wear to me. My DXT has 25-30 hours on it and the edge is still like new. Maybe 1/4 inch worn down.

5. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

4 seasons out of our 8.2
    2.5 seasons so far on 9.2

6. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

wow, seams like i am getting LOW life out of mine. I run in float and never in a "V" configuration, some driving in Scoop position. I run around 15mph to keep the snow from blowing over. Any thoughts on what I am going wrong? I installed a set of 3 shoes, and got 6.5 hours out of them.. This is getting costly!!! any thoughts??

7. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

I would talk to your dealer and send an email to Boss tech support. I know you're plowing a lot more snow than some of us, but you're measuring your life in hours, which is relative no matter where you're at.

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If your plowing on snow covered roads it will last,but you plowing roads and its grinding on the road and heating up ,you won't last long.In this case,you might want to have the shoes on.

9. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

6.5 hrs????? Are you plowing a huge cheese grater or something?

10. ShaneysLawnCare

ShaneysLawnCare Senior Member

Roads are most likely your issue Like Grandview said heat just get carbide ones Kennametal!! FTW

11. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

12. 9'2' just replaced them was $545 for both with curb edge and I checked when the last time I bought ---2.5 years..no shoes bare feet..lol

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015