1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting edge height

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by scottr, Jan 22, 2015.

1. scottr

scottr Senior Member

What's the average lifted height of your blade out at the cutting edge? I realize there's some variables. With a direct coupled ram. Do you think 18" is enough when stacking ? I'm working on ram mounts for my A-frame and truck side

2. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Hmm...I am not sure what you are asking ?

3. scottr

scottr Senior Member

Sorry for the poor explanation, was getting in a hurry. If you lift your plow all the way till it hits the stops, how high is it? If measured from the ground to the bottom of the cutting edge

image.jpg

4. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Oh okay, now I understand.

I would say 18 inches is high enough but the real concern is how high the support is so that you have a level A frame when the cutter edge is on the ground. But you look close.

Nice welds.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

As high as you wanna make it, but as was said the A frame needs to be level when on the ground

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Side note. If it that's blizzard you need to watch the angle of the reservoir at full hight

7. scottr

scottr Senior Member

Thanks for the insight, yes a frame is set at correct height, resivour is located in bed ( 8 gallon )

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Interesting build you got going on, gotta keep us updated

9. scottr

scottr Senior Member

I try and keep some updates posted I'm the " ground up build thread "

10. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Eight Gallons ? Hmm...so do you have like 10 foot super wings that slide out with rams ?

Should we name you Mr. Fabricator ???

11. scottr

scottr Senior Member

No, nothing to fancy, just a blizzard 810 and a rear drag plow. The larger resivour allows me to gain cooling without a cooler in line. My system will run all the time ( central hydraulics ).
    I do a lot of metal work during my off time.