1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cutting edge for snow-way "Lobo" V-plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by foltzag, Jan 8, 2011.

1. foltzag

foltzag Junior Member

older, three pin hook up 9ft snow-way lobo v plow. first season for me for this used plow, just about needing cutting edges, and all of the aftermarket places i used to get myer parts do not list anything for a snow way v plow. i bought the plow off of a widow, she does not know where they got most of the parts for it. there is a fab shop close that can cut hardened steel for cutting edges, if need be. i would also like to know a good outlet for parts such as motors and solenoids. i have contacted snow way, and they are really proud of the parts! maybe that is the glory of going from a staight blade to a v-plow, i get to pay more for parts.

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I have an old Lobo V as well. To tell you the truth, the only thing I have had go wrong with it in 3 seasons is a soleniod. Yes you are correct, Snoway is very proud of the parts to fits these plows. I found that a new style western solenoid was a different shape, but works just fine. As far as a cutting edge, look at anything that would be wide enough, and have a fab shop cut it down and put the bolt holes in the right places.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

we stock old Snoway parts, there are some aftermarket parts available but not many.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

replace the HIGH priced center rubber piece with steel when you get the 2 wing pieces
    local dealer was the cheapest for me on new edges

5. skimastr105

skimastr105 Member

How much do new edges run on these? I'm considering buying one.