1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting edge for snow blower need..

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PowerWagon, Dec 27, 2009.

1. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

does any one know where I can get an new cutting edge for this kind snow blower?

will look around later tonight. just want see what you guys got.

it show name on top of snow blower it's an Sno Away..

Not other bad picture today.
    check this out for better picture
  2. Winterized

Winterized Senior Member

The link did not work for me........

But I have never bought a cutting edge..... stock replacement... in my life.
    Seems it's always better to make them, as they can be made much more substantial.

But that's just me.
  3. briggsguy17

briggsguy17 Member
    from NW PA

You have a Simplicity Sno Away and it's an old one. If you look on that little tag behind the right wheel it should give you a model number. Post that number and I will look it up for you. When I was a Simplicity dealer I was able to order parts for machines from the 50's so you should be able to find it. If Simplicity doesn't carry it anymore then it may be available in the aftermarket. Get me those numbers and I will see what I can find.
  4. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

just make it, get some metal drill some holes and be done! That is, if you have a shop!
  5. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

it's 990482 and the SN is 001166.
    yeah pretty old but the engine starts up right on 2nd pull.. only the old edge is gone.
    do you know what year this snow blower is?
  6. briggsguy17

briggsguy17 Member
    from NW PA

You need Simplicity part # 2106831SM. It retails for $85.00 :eek::eek: Your local Simplicity dealer can prob order you one or it is available on line. If you post the numbers from your engine I can tell you how old it is. Specifically there should be a model, type and code number stamped into the engine shroud near the spark plug. The first two numbers in the code number will be the year that the engine was built, the next two numbers will be the month and the third set of two numbers will be the day. For example, code # 671230xxx would have been built on Dec 30, 1967. This number system applies only to Briggs which is what yours looks like from the side. If I had to guess, your machine is late 60's early 70's.
  7. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

Oh ouch 85?? Guess will make an new one with two pc weld together so it is angled. Hope it works. Yeah I read about those sno away they build around late 60s.